Please Say Hello, Nǐ hǎo, Guten tag, Kia Ora, Hola, Sveiki, Ahoj, Bonjour, Namaste

Hi Kath and welcome to OEG Connect. This community can be a bit sprawling but I hope you ask good questions like that. This seems like a really good topic on its own, so I started a new thread here

It would be helpful to know more about your interests and maybe what brought you to OER. And then maybe what are you most keen to learn- -e.g. how to create your own OER? How to reuse? Where to find OER in your discipline?

I hope we can get you some answers.

PS- bonus points for having a pup in your avatar!

Alan

1 Like

Thanks, Alan - for the bonus pup points in particular! :heart_eyes: Have posted to the Practical channel that you started and welcome all inputs - excited to be taking a leap and creating a resource!

All best
Kath

Hello from Nantes city, Salha from Sudan…

Xin Chao! From Hanoi, Vietnam. I’m an alumni of the OU, #MAODE where I first discovered #OER. Now working in a small K-12 IB continuum school and following on from the recent #ALT #OER2022 conference, am really enjoying the conversations around #OER.

I recently gave a presentation on and about the platform “Gather.Town” and worked with the #K20education who are working to find applications in education using this #metaverse, #web3.0, #blockchain technology. Would be happy to hear and share more ideas on how this platform could be used for OER.

Mike

Can I try this too, Mike… “Xin Chào”? Google Translate suggests it is said like “Sin Chow”

Thanks for saying hello and I am sorry for greeting sat here without any response. We ought to be more welcoming than that.

So let us know more about your IB school (what is it called? how many students? what community does it serve?) and maybe where OER fits or is in use there.

Or share more about what you are doing with Gather.Town as a virtual gathering/collaborating space. Are you using it know?

If possible, I am looking for new projects, ideas, like this to share as a series of OEGlobal posts of traveling the world looking for OE in action. Share something with us and I will make a web visit.

We are glad you found your way here,

Ah, and since this topic has grown so long, we are archiving and closing it, to set up a new hello area - see https://connect.oeglobal.org/t/say-hello/4138