Two Open Education Organizations: A Conversation with Paul Stacey and Maren Deepwell

At the opening Open Education Week 2021, we are recording a new episode for the OEG Voices podcast series that will also be cross posted to ALT’s Totally Unscripted podcast.

OE Global is one of several organizations supporting open education and we are excited to record a conversation between Open Education Global Executive Director Paul Stacey and Association for Learning Technology (ALT) Chief Executive Maren Deepwell.

Dr Maren Deepwell flickr photo by bionicteaching shared under a Creative Commons (BY-SA) license combined with Paul Stacey flickr photo by cogdogblog shared under a Creative Commons (BY) license

What do OE Global and ALT have in common? What do they hope to see happen and come out of Open Education Week? How are they managing strategic planning in the middle of a pandemic? How are these organizations using open approaches to design sustainable online events? How can ALT and OE Global generate more collaboration between organizations in support of open education globally - not just around principles but in actions?

These might be topics, but this is an open conversation, as the title of a podcast series Maren has been part of, “totally unscripted”. If there are specific questions you want addressed, please reply below.

This podcast is being recorded 2021-03-01T16:00:00Z and will be published here as soon as possible, so you can listen and respond.

We expect Maren and Paul to pose some ideas and questions to you.

3 Likes

I am really looking forward to the conversation with Paul and Alan. My experience of OE Global has focused around events such as last year’s great conference, which I had the pleasure to contribute to. It gave me a great sense of global connections and networking - something that is different from ALT’s network which is more UK focused. I am interested to hear ideas and questions about enablers and barriers to working together in Open Education as we approach Open Education Week.

1 Like

Such a treat to have an unscripted conversation with Maren and Alan. I’m keen to share ideas, explore what is exciting in our work, think big, and be thankful for small things. Can’t wait to see what emerges as we connect to kick off Open Education Week.

Recording just done, thanks @paulstacey and @mdeepwell for a fabulous conversation. Now let’s see how quickly I can assemble this into a recording…

The audio files, recorded in Zoom with recording option to save each participant as a separate file, are now processed.

This is the exciting playback of a podcast in process…

Our Open Education Week Special podcast with Maren Deepwell and Paul Stacey is ready for listening.

Enjoy today’s conversation and please reply below with questions, comments, ideas

Links Mentioned

Questions Posed in the Podcast For You To Respond To

From Both

• What does a conference experience look like, in person or online, that gives momre space, time to breathe, and still offer the connections we seek from these events?

From Paul:

• How can organizations / community come together in new ways, create a greater critical mass

From Maren:

• In this time to create senses of hope what would you like more of from open organizations, how can we be more intentioanl, inclusive, accessible?
3 Likes

Got tweeted!

2 Likes

Now published officially to OEG Voices: