Ukraine OE/Volunteer libguide?

I’m wondering if anyone has put together a libguide of OE resources or other ways that people can volunteer their time and skills to help Ukrainians/refugees?

1 Like

Hi Robin! We are seeing much interest in putting open education to work in this situation.

There was an initial call for action here from an organization in Norway and more responses to a topic we started for Open Education Week.

A number of things are happening here- if you have suggestions, especially for how to mobilize translators or location relevant OER, please share in one of those topics.

2 Likes

I feel frustrated every time there is some major humanitarian disaster, and all it seems like I can contribute is money (which, shockingly, as a librarian I don’t have a huge amount of… who would have thought librarians don’t sleep on beds of gold?) …Anyways, I want to do more. I was thinking in terms of volunteering with upper-level English courses (I’m not a certified ESL instructor, but could work at it). Or perhaps even instruction on more basic topics using google translate? Maybe even a pen-pal type program for students AND for instructors- although I’m sure that displaced Ukrainian teachers are very busy, I think there is something to be said for developing inter-personal relationships, and though it might only be on a small scale, it might help increase empathy and understanding among people who are so thoroughly distanced from the reality that refugees have experienced.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this has been talked about, but after attending a virtual project muse event, this was pointed to as one of the examples of humanities in OE, and I thought there might be interest here as well: scienceforukraine.eu