What are your adventures, challenges, interests in open pedagogy you are pursuing in June-August, 2022? We invite anyone to share their goals, interest, questions, and progress here in OEG Connect. Adventure together! Learn more…
In 2021 the Community College Consortium of OER (CCCOER) organized activities with an overall theme of improving Open Pedagogy practices. The adventurous part was offering them as asynchronous so you can choose when to explore them. They are still rummaging around this area and you can learn more about what was attempted in 2021.
The adventure is in what you share and contribute here.
Explore. Everything starts in the main Open Pedagogy Summer Adventure area. Look around.
Share. From the entry area, start a New Topic and announce what you hope to explore. Return to reply with updates, questions, examples.
Reply. Visit other topics to ask questions, offer suggestions to fellow adventurers. Who knows, maybe you will change your path.
We will try to keep track and add the adventure paths as they emerge.
- Resources Always Sought from a topic started last year, share and make use of the collection of Open Pedagogy resources.
- The H5P Food Truck I (@cogdog) hope to get back to my “cooking with H5P” days and dig a bit more into understanding it myself so I can better help others start.
- Understanding/Doing AI I @cogdog) don’t want to be a programmer of it, but I want to dabble in more hands on examples.
- Your turn! Start your own adventure topic and we will link to it.
These were started in 2021 but remain open to exploration, the adventure never ends.
- What is Open Pedagogy?
- Getting started with Open Pedagogy in small but significant ways e.g. renewable assessments
- Connecting the UN Sustainable Development Goals with Open Pedagogy
- How Open Pedagogy can support Equity Diversity and Inclusion
- Building Interactivity we hear of particular interest in H5P
- Open Pedagogy Roadmap A version of the workshop provided by Christina Riehman-Murphy and Bryan McGeary that you can work through at your own pace.
- MYFest (Mid Year Festival) - Equity Unbound hosts an online, choose your own path, buffet style activity June-August 2022- note the offerings for Open Education and Digital Literacies
(reply below with suggestions to add here)
You will need an account to log in to OEG Connect. Perhaps you made one previously to participate in a previous OE Global Online Conference. If not, you can create one right away the first time you click reply to any topic in this space.
After you click a reply or a new topic button just type in the box! This is all conversational. Reply to others, include links.
The Connect platform has a fairly sophisticated notification system, with activity indicators shown over your icon in the top right (when logged in) and via email if you are not active on the site. Typically you will receive notifications whenever someone replies to something you have written.
If you want to keep track of all activity here, visit the Open Pedagogy Summer Adventure area and click the notification (bell icon), and change the notification setting from Normal to Watching
Or if you prefer to just get notified per topic, look for the same icon in the bottom left part of a post (below all replies) and make the same change.
Learn more about actions and notifications in Connect.
Are you ready to join in the Summer Adventure? Let us know what kinds of adventures you are pursuing.