What's an Unpresentation? (Shrug) Whatever you want to share, connect!

We are getting queries if there is a virtual conference option for OEGlobal 2023. Unfortunately we are not able to offer a typical experience as a virtual participant or presenter but here in OEG Connect we are striving to offer opportunities to be part of this even if you cannot be in Edmonton, what we have called an AND Conference (well I called it that last year).

You can count on having access to two of the session rooms where we will be live streaming sessions, including all keynotes. What we hope is that you use OEG Connect to ask questions about scheduled sessions, share related projects, research ā€“ all of this is part of the conference vision of ā€œbraidingā€ meaning we can connect together people not at the conference with ones there.

In a topic where I tossed out possible ideas I suggested ā€œunpresentationsā€ for (a) people who were planning to come to present and travel challenges prevented it or (b) people who want to share their work, but cannot travel.

Nothing prevents you from sharing anything you wished to present here! Except of course, thereā€™s not a real audience per se, so slides and recordings likely will not get much attention.

Therefore, as an ā€œunpresentationā€, just create a new topic in the Braiding Area of the conference space, enter a tag for unpresentation in the editor, and share anything, like, perhaps the example below and also include a question that you might want a response with (not the greatest example, but Iā€™m trying)

I read the description of the panel on " 10 Years of Z-Degrees" , so I wanted to share some of the planning documents, dashboards, and progress made on the Z-Degrees at XYZ Universityā€¦
First of all we have been doing this since 2018 and in this data report (link) you will find.
ā€¦
What I am curious is anyone has developed a better way to ā€¦

with maybe some links, a few graphs, perhaps a videoā€¦ well anything you would want to share in a presentation or in conversation with someone at the conference.

Like I said, I am just trying to develop some new ways to participate in a conference! Help us co-invent this approach.

2 Likes

OK @cogdog Iā€™m going to give it a shot and try making a new topic and an unpresentation, to ā€˜break the iceā€™ and knowing that this is experimental !! If people are interested, then I can develop and build on it ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:. If not, no problem ā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for sharing our first example of an ā€œunpresentationā€!

1 Like

You are welcome! Iā€™m toying with the idea of a short couple minute video, I donā€™t know what size this might be but what is your limit on file size uploads? :thinking: