Who is coming to OEG 2020?

Oh, how I wish I could you give a big hug right now, Regina! I didn’t realize that Milan was your first OEG! Well, here’s a photo to help bring a smile to your face. Look forward to seeing you in sessions next week and here in Connect.

2 Likes

Hey there @paulstacey and everyone else.

My name is Teemu Ropponen, I am joining on behalf of MyData Global and am based in Helsinki, Finland. I will be speaking on Monday the 16th, 9 AM CET about personal data, and in particular, skills data.

It’s also my first OEG, so of course I’m a bit nervous - and looking forward to it!

Just checking out the platform now. Seems rather intuitive.

Thanks so much. It will be great to share and be challenged by comments and questions.

1 Like

Hi Rita - I’m also in Canada, presenting about my mentoring story with OE4BW. Will look you up and hopefully connect beyond this conference.

Two of my fav’s in OE!!! What wonderful smiles!
Hoping to reconnect in the coming week, making OER and OEP a global, participatory, endeavour! Helen

2 Likes

Thanks for connecting, Helen.
Looking forward to learning more from/about you next week.

1 Like

Hi Kristina,
Thank you so much for touching base.

I will attend those meetings. The two links you provided are for the meetings?

Wishing you a great weekend.

Beat

1 Like

Hi Tannis!

Glad to see you here. I’m going to mostly try to attend this conference asynchronously, but might cheat in order to attend your session.

Hello from beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada. I am grateful to live and work on the unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh-ulh Temíx̱w (Squamish), and səl̓ilwətaɁɬ təməxʷ (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.

I work for the Canadian federal government at the Canada School of Public Service on a team that is advocating for open learning.

We are piloting a learning content sharing initiative in collaboration with eCampus Ontario and other provincial institutions in the OER community.

I am looking forward to connecting and learning on a number of topics including:

• metadata best practices for OER, especially multilingual metadata
  • helping people create reusable learning objects (RLO)
  • designing accessible and inclusive learning resources from the start
  • nudging people towards a future-oriented way of learning design

Please send me a message if you think we should connect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am excited to be part of #OEGlobal20 because Open Education is an exciting field and it holds much promise for millions around the world. I am looking forward to the presentation by @GinoFransman - the founder of our #OpenEdInfluencers in South Africa.

1 Like

3 Likes

Great to have you here @teemu.ropponen. Welcome to the open education global community. So delighted to have you share with this community your MyData Global work. Thank you!

Jambo! to the OER Conference participants. This is Michael Mumbo from East Africa, Kenya.

I’m glad to be part of this amazing conference. My interests are in how can we capacity build our learning institutions for the proper use of the OERs. Please if anyone on these orientations, kindly feel free to link up. Thanks.

1 Like

I am a bit late with saying hello, but excited to be taking part in #OEGlobal20.
Joining from Oklahoma State University

1 Like

Hello @paulstacey and Everyone Else!

Arriving a little late to the party and as I peruse the schedule I wish I had not had to work until 3:30 am PST finishing a deadline to free up my week, as it looks like I missed a number of interesting sessions. Looking forward to fully diving into the conference the rest of the week, and hopefully finding a little of what I missed from last night’s and today’s sessions.

To introduce myself, I am a storyteller, science and digital media nerd, and educator who sometimes calls Vancouver, BC home and sometimes calls Hamilton, Ontario home. This last year has been particularly duplicitous in that department.

Open Ed wise, I am approaching this world from the perspective of someone that needs to find the funding to fund the projects my team and I create, as I am not funded by a specific institution or organization. My interests at present in this world, lie in Accessibility, Sustainable Funding, Storytelling, Experiential Media, and Community Building.

On Wednesday, I am giving two Lightning Talks. One with @Jonesy on an Accessibility Project that we are embarking on, and one on the new StoryToGo Classroom that I’ve been developing with Lori Yearwood and Kevin Ribble. Both projects have opportunities for collaborators if they tickle anyone’s fancies.

On Thursday, I am facilitating a Workshop on Drawing Eyes and Building Awareness Around OERs. I’d like to use this workshop to create an awareness building campaign as a community, so I invite all whom are interested to join in and bring any ideas you may have on bridging silos, useful hashtags for engagement, catalogues of OER resources to direct people to, and challenges that exist in reaching our desired audiences with the open educational content that we build, so that we might build together. Also if anyone has any digital media / digital community building questions - that’s one of my things and something I teach, so feel free to bring your questions too.

Okay, my wee monster - Ella the tortie terror has arrived to tell me that she needs a cuddle and some grub, so on that note, I shall bid everyone adieu for the present moment in time.

~ Erica

1 Like

@EricaHargreave So glad you’re here and able to participate in OEGlobal 2020. Enjoy!

1 Like

Me too! Thanks Paul.

Hello! I’m Dave Dillon from San Diego, CA, USA. A few weeks late on a reply and joining the party but I am echoing the amazing @ReginaGong’s comments here. My 2nd OE Global. Thankful for the opportunity to attend in Italy. Really miss seeing people in person but appreciative for the virtual platform that has made connecting more accessible and affordable. Enjoyed the photo of
@kmishmael and @ReginaGong!

2 Likes