Opportunities for collaboration among OE professional development initiatives

I wanted to share a quick note in follow up to Monday’s keynote panel discussion “Transformation and Empowerment: Open Education Professional Development.” It was an absolute pleasure getting to connect with everyone, and learn more about the different approaches we’re taking to OE professional development. I hope to explore opportunities for staying in touch with any OER professional development initiatives interested. It would be great to intentionally share some of our lessons learned along the way. Better yet, I imagine there are opportunities to connect our participants/ help them build on each others’ incredible projects and work.

3 Likes

Hi Jenneryn, count me in, happy to share experiences and to learn from others!

1 Like

Jennryn, Open Education Global has a few professional development things in the works so count me in too.

1 Like

Paul spoke for me as well. You read my mind as I was hoping to launch an open conversation about PD in OE, especially how to make it work on a global level. This is a direction we are looking at in 2021 for OE Global.

1 Like

Absolutely, I’m in! Let’s do it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am in too. Count me in

1 Like

Awesome! What’s your email? I’d love to sync with you and folks here, post OE Global conference! Mine is jennryn@creativecommons.org.

A bit late to the conversation, but I’d also be interested in exploring, with others, different models for open and accessible professional development.

1 Like

Thanks Derek. I think there was a google group / mail list set up for people interested- see https://groups.google.com/a/creativecommons.org/d/forum/open-education-professional-development (though it certainly can carry on here).

This is a focus area I hope to coordinate something with via OE Global.

1 Like

Hi Derek!

+1 to what Alan mentioned! We set up the listserv before learning this platform would be opened & extended beyond the conference-- though, conversation can definitely carry on here, of course. To cover all bases, I’ll add Derek to the listserv as well & hope to reach out later this week to schedule an informal follow up chat about sharing challenges/lessons learned/opportunities for collaboration.

Cheers all,
Jennryn

Hi Justina! Looking forward to connecting with you. If you also want to join an informal email list just established for these conversations (in addition to the space we have here), I’ve shared info below:

List address: open-education-professional-development@creativecommons.org

List information page: https://groups.google.com/a/creativecommons.org/g/open-education-professional-development

Best,
Jennryn