Please Say Hello, Nǐ hǎo, Guten tag, Kia Ora, Hola, Sveiki, Ahoj, Bonjour, Namaste

Hello and Namaste. My name is Subha Das Mollick. I come from a city called Kolkata in India. I am happy to see others from my country among the OE presenters. I hope to make friends here who believe in open education.

1 Like

Bonjour from France. Nice to meet you

1 Like

Greetings from Brazil!
My name is Cristine and I am a associate professor at Federal University of Pernambuco, northeastern of Brazil.
OE Global is a great opportunity to discuss about open education especially in time of Covid-19.
Hope a success event for all!

Greetings Open Education Friends:

I’m Cable Green, Director of Open Education at Creative Commons. I live in Olympia, Washington, US.

It’s a busy conference season. We just wrapped up the 2020 CC Summit. Looking forward to seeing you online at the OE Global Conference!

Cheers,

Cable

1 Like

It’s great to see you here, Cable. And yes, on planning the OEG conference and seeing the marathon run, we wondered too about conference fatigue. At least you can enjoy this one from the participant seat!

Looking forward to seeing you around the spaces here.

Alan

Welcome Cristine, greetings from Central Canada. We are most happy to see you here and we hope it is a dynamic experience. It’s going to get exciting when there are ~500 people in here!

Alan

1 Like

Hello everyone. My name is Jane-Frances Obiageli Agbu. I am from Nigeria. I work with the National Open University of Nigeria. Nice to be here

Hello back, Jane-Frances. We are so happy to see you here and hope you can make many useful connections in OEG Connect.

Please share more about your interests and work with the National Open University!

Bonjour! Hello, Ni hao from Canada. My name is Robert Lawson and I work at NorQuest College in Edmonton, Alberta as an instructional designer. We are hoping to become a leader in open education and have an ambitious goal of zero text book costs for all of our programs by 2030. I’m hoping to learn more about international developments in OER and open pedagogy.

1 Like

And hello there, Robert, glad to see you. We are relative neighbors on a global scale (I am based in Saskatchewan).

We will be eager to learn more about NorQuest College and it’s zero textbook goals. I hope you can connect as well with the many community college people here from the CCCOER node of OE Global.

Hi, yes we are neighbors!
We are hoping to join the CCCOER in the near future!

1 Like

Awesome!

It will be virtually fantastic. Many possibilities to connect.
Really, a dynamic experience.

Kindly,

2 Likes

Hello All

Warm greetings from Nigeria. My name is Jane-Frances Agbu. I work with the National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) since 2006, so I have been in open university system in the past 14 years. Its been a beautiful experience, learning on the job everyday. I have Ph.D in Clinical Psychology, and currently in the Faculty of Health Sciences. In addition, I am currently a Centre Director at NOUN study centre, Abuja ( a centre with about even thousand students). I also hold an ICDE Chair in Open Educational Resources (OER).

1 Like

This is lovely! The enthu just rubbed on! Looking forward to having a fruitful time!

1 Like

Mingalarbar! (Hello! in Myanmar Language)
Glad to connect with you all who love the world and education.

Hello All!

Friendly greetings from Western Massachusetts (East Coast, US). I am looking forward to seeing familiar faces and connecting with new OE advocates next week. I learned a great deal from last year’s OEGlobal, and established such amazing new relationships and collaborations. :blush:

1 Like

Gearing up for a wonderful week of conversations in this global space. Thanks to the OEGlobal staff for making this a warm and welcoming place! Happy to be connecting with folks from around the world - what a vibrant and engaging community!

1 Like

Mingalarbar Bobo and ¡Hola! from México.
We are excited to have you join us. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Howdy from LibreTexts!

Delmar here. I look forward to an exciting meeting.tenor

1 Like

Hello from Maryland - USA.