Please Say Hello, Nǐ hǎo, Guten tag, Kia Ora, Hola, Sveiki, Ahoj, Bonjour, Namaste

Warm greetings to all

Hi All,
Greetings from the Netherlands :slight_smile:

Jan-Bart de Vreede
Kennisnet

Hello OEG Participants!!!
This is Nand from National Digital Library of India, IIT Kharagpur

Hello OE Global Conference Attendees!!!

This is Nand from National Digital Library of India (NDLI) (https://www.ndl.gov.in/). Wonderful to attend the OE Global Conference 2020

Hi Everyone. My name is Justina Ochonma. I live in the US and work with Houston Community College, Texas…

Nice to meet you here Jane. My brother lives in Abuja. I hope you people are safe there. Blessings

Yes we are safe. Nice to meet you too Justinao

Good morning and Hello from Texas! I am the Head of Research & Learning at Texas A&M University-Commerce in Texas, USA. This is my first OE Global and I am very excited to soak up some new knowledge and meet new people.

Hello! This is my first experience of OE Global, I am currently studying Online and Distance Education with the Open University. I work in commercial education so the concept of OE is very new for me. As part of my MA I have been researching OEP, which has led me here. I’m looking forward to learning from everyone and seeing where openness could take me.

Hello and welcome Sarah,

You are studying in one of the best places, where Open is in their name. I have had the pleasure of visiting Milton Keynes once and been on campus.

I’m curious how you found OEG Connect- this is a very new effort to develop an active community space for open educators, and we hope you use it to ask questions as you research OEP.

And it would be interesting as well to hear some input on how the commercial education sees the open education world, especially on the “P” part.

Thank you Alan :slight_smile: Yes I did my undergraduate degree with the Open University and now continuing my studies.

I found OEG Connect after searching for Open Educators, so your google rankings are working well. I have shared the link with my fellow students via our course forum, and you can find us using the #H818 on twitter.

We are all creating a project / presentation for our course conference “Open Education in an Open Landscape” which will be held next week. Following this I’d love to share my project with this community to carry on the conversation about how commercial education can be open.

1 Like

Hi Ron,

You can join the CCCOER community anytime by visiting our website under Get Involved. Our community email list is free and open to all interested educators, students, etc.

Hi, I’m Stephen. https://www.downes.ca

2 Likes

Hi Stephen, it’s great to see you exploring here. I seek people here who can stimulate good conversation, and I think you have some experience here :wink:

We hope you can drop in next week when we are planning Three Day Focus asynchronous discussion on Curricular Alignment, the Reusability Paradox, and Offline OER – there is a guy named “Wiley” who we hope to draw in here, he is someone you may enjoy talking with!

And thanks for sharing the feedback on the signup process, much to be improved…

Guten Tag from Heidelberg, Germany.
Why / how is open education important to my work?
I want to learn more about the needs of Open Education because the tool I am working on is supposed to be useful for education and it’s free, i.e. it lends itself to OE.

1 Like

And welcome Matthias so glad to see you here! Feel free to share about your tool and other interests, of which I know you have many.

A good place to describe the tool might be here OEG Practical - OE Global Connect

Dà net’e is a standard Tłı̨chǫ greetıng what Canada calls the Northwest Territories. It is often translated “how are you” but more literally asks, how are you being. Of course we also have more informal greetings depending on the season. Nı̀hts’ı natso is an appropriate one today - it’s quite windy, causing difficulty getting to fish nets. One of my favourites is not quite suitable today when the wind is actually keeping down our hordes of mosquitoes and black flies - kw’ı łǫ to which one replies kw’ı łǫ dı̀ı̀ affirming that there are indeed too many mosquitoes.

1 Like

Wow, Jim! Dà net’e and thanks for sharing such descriptive greetings. I hope your fish nets are doing well and the mosquitos are keeping away (here on the prairies there ought to be ones about wood tics).

Thank you for joining OEG Connect, please explore. I am confident we lack mosquitos.

Živjo from Slovenia. I teach EFL at a local college and I’m here to broaden my horizons. I have been appreciating open education from the user end (moocs, oers) and hope to make a step forward in including it in my teaching practice as well.
A personal experience: Once upon a time there was a little project called Listen to the walls talking… probably the closest thing to my open education experience as an educator. We basically took photos of interesting graffiti pieces and shared thoughts about them… more or less to see how we see them and compare our thoughts. Then I happened to share this little project with the internet (webheads CoP and others) and it pretty much got a life of its own for awhile. The original website is unfortunately no longer up (required no registration, was open to anyone to share cc-licensed images and comment contributions) - its main idea was to encourage intercultural discussion around individual pieces in English. The wiki and the flickr group are still out there though. For example here’s a student photo (unfortunatelly small) of a lovely piece with a nice description from my hometown in Slovenia and another (unfortunately also small) one from Romania. And then we sometimes also played with these photos, creating posters and other things. It was a lot of fun! :upside_down_face:

2 Likes