Share a Coffee Break Photo

Coffee breaks are a key component of any conference schedule, both for the enjoyment of the beverage and for the informal opportunity to meet and chat with colleagues. Or just a quiet moment to relax.

Imgur
Podcasting Tools flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)

Reply below and show us your coffee break in a photo, whether you are in Nantes or Not! What’s in your cup? Who are you sharing it with? What did you get out of the break time?

Coffee pics? This was essential for me to work in Nantes Time (starting midnight here). This photo during the fabulous Twitter Spaces hallway chat Monday:

3 Likes

Come and grab a coffee with Frontiers for Young Minds in the main foyer!
@savagewm (Will Savage, Journal Manager and all-round great guy) is waiting to chat to you :smiley:

Hi @LauraHenderson - if you hover over your image (and other images you’ve posted) you’ll notice that instead of a descriptive ALT tag (which is very useful for those with vision disabilities and automated systems trying to discern a context for these images), it actually says “MicrosoftTeams-image”. So, not only is Microsoft not alerting you to the option of including a descriptive ALT tag (which is best practice, and would be the “right thing” for Microsoft to do), instead it’s actually using the ALT tag functionality as an insidious branding/marketing opportunity for its proprietary (closed) products. Just another example of the way Microsoft (and other big tech megacorps) impose taxes on us all.

If you want to swap in a descriptive ALT tag, see the instructions @cogdog left in another topic (tl;dr - just edit your posts and replace “MicrosoftTeams-image” with your own caption between the [] and before the | if there is one.)

2 Likes

Thanks for this. Any chance I could share this in my session tomorrow, Dave? I’m talking about extractive data, primarily, but insidious branding where there should be clear alerts is one of the flip sides of that…let me know. Appreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By all means. The real problem here is closed corporate IT that exists to promote its own interest rather than create human-focused, well presented information :wink: - the more who know it, the better!

1 Like

Thank you so much for flagging this to me! I posted in a hurry and didn’t think of the ALT text.
This is now updated. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Coffee break on Day 2 at OEGlobal22

4 Likes

This is so fun to see! And also how bright, spacious, and o-p-e-n the venue was.

Hope the coffee was good too.

3 Likes

I love this, thank you for sharing! Looks awesome :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the moment and had mine with all of you here! :yum:

2 Likes

Such a fun video! I’ve never seen this done at a conference before and I love it!
Wish I could have been there, but great to see everyone mingling :slight_smile:

2 Likes