Survey on where institutional policies interact with open educational practices

I hope @leohavemann is okay with cross-posting his announcement posted in the interaction zone, it seems like an unconference style activity we hope to see posted here, so I am taking some liberty (hi Leo, ok?) in adding another link here.

If you work in higher education I am seeking your views on how your institutional policies interact with open educational practices.

This is a key part of my PhD research seeking to understand the policy landscape at the vital institutional level.

The study considers ‘open education’ in a wide sense, and ‘policy’ as what we do, as well as what we say we’ll do. Seeking grassroots opinions rather than a ‘definitive’ institutional view. You don’t need to be an expert/policymaker.

Survey Says… flickr photo by cogdogblog shared into the public domain using Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication (CC0)

:person_cartwheeling: Your Host: Leo Havemann @leohavemann
:office: Affiliation: Open University (UK), University College London, OE Policy Hub
:tada: Format: Ongoing discussion and survey response
:page_with_curl: OER Recommendation Action Area(s): Developing Supportive Policy

How to Participate

Well, it should be simple, as requested, respond to Leo’s survey

https://tinyurl.com/openedpolicy

and tune into a related session he is part of:

Bu maybe more than that, share any thoughts or comments you have about the meaning of policy at an individual practitioner level. Or ask Leo questions about his research.

2 Likes

Thanks Alan! And hi everyone please feel free to ask me about the research or post any reflections about the topic here.

Ps @cogdog I love the ‘survey’ photo - is that Saskatchewan landscape?

Very similar terrain, but in Wyoming, due south of here.

1 Like

Gentle reminder… the survey is still very much OPEN :smile:

1 Like