We are working on improvements to improve OEG Connect and have been participating in a Community Experience Masterclass.
I am curious what others think about what this means for OEG Connect this a valuable community for open educators. What would make it valuable to you?
In the class are looking at metrics in Week 8: If You Ain’t Measuring It… Fortunately, the discourse platform here provides quite a lot of metrics.
Check key community metrics for growth each month:
- Active Users - target is 30%
- Traffic - target is 10% month-on-month growth
- Signups - target is 10% month-on-month growth
- Likes - target is 10% month-on-month growth
- Accepted Solutions - target is 10% month-on-month growth
First look at Sept 26-Oct 26 stats in Discourse for OEG Connect, making notes of what has happened which are factors
- September 30: OEG Voices Podcast with Terry Greene (auto post from WordPress podcast site)
- October 12: Finalists for Open Education Awards for Excellence Announced (Press releases, intense social media campaign, mailchimp campaign)
- October 20: Winners of OE Awards for Excellence Announced (Press releases, intense social media campaign, mailchimp campaign)
- October 25: Unprompted post from active participant Alex-- Stack Overflow as OER EdTech? (cross posted in Mastodon)
- October 25: 2022-23 Call OE4BW for Developers and Mentors announcement with targeted followup (not much traction)
- October 26: Input Sought: Choosing/Using an Institutional OER Repository Taking a direct question via email to the community