Webinar 16 Building Capacity, Sustainable OER, Developing Supportive Policy

This webinar addresses the Building Capacity, Sustainable OER, and Developing Supportive Policy UNESCO OER action areas. A recording of this session will be added as soon as possible.

Details

UNESCO OER Action Areas: Building Capacity, Sustainable OER, Developing Supportive Policy

Webinar Chair: Igor Lesko @igorlesko

When (converted to your local time):
2021-09-30T12:00:00Z2021-09-30T14:10:00Z
Duration: 2h 10m

Language: English

Webinar Access (registered conference participants only):

Join Webinar (Room C)

Agenda

Webinar Recording

Direct Links to Presentations within the Webinar

Participate

Reply below with comments, questions about the action area as a whole or specifically respond to each presentation

Hola, Hallo, Hello, Ciao Paola Corti (@paola), Margreta Tveisme (@margreta), Max Mahmoud Wardeh, Sarah Hutton (@sarah), Javiera Atenas (@javiera) and Leo Havemann (@leohavemann),

I am looking forward to your presentations on Thursday next week. My name is Igor Lesko. I will be chairing your session.

The presentations in this session are related to three UNESCO OER Recommendation Areas: Capacity Building, Sustainability Models, and Supportive Policy. For now, I would like to propose that we keep the order of presentations as currently listed above. If you have compelling reasons for re-ordering, please bring them forward for consideration.

Please take note of the session structure:

1. Introduction (10 min by the Session Chair)
  2. Individual presentations will last 20 min each. Please rehearse your presentations in advance to ensure that you can adhere to your allocated time limit.
  3. Discussion (30 min)
  4. Concluding remarks/closing (10 min)

In preparation for the session, please familiarise yourselves with the Conference Space. There is substantive guidance available in this regard here. Additional guidelines for presenters are available here. I strongly encourage you to provide further information (presentation slides if you plan to use them) and any other supporting materials under your respective session descriptions before Thursday next week.

On the day of your session, please log in 15 minutes before the scheduled start. The webinar room will open at 1:30 pm Central European Standard Time (CEST) and have tech support personnel on standby.

Finally, please take a moment to introduce yourselves here to other conference attendees. Simply click on “reply” to this post.

Here is a bit about me:

I come from Slovakia but residing in South Africa for the past 20 years. I am based in Gqeberha, former Port Elizabeth, on the South-East Coast of South Africa. I have been working for Open Education Global for 12+ years, and I am also a Ph.D. candidate at the Open University of the Netherlands and a member of the Global OER Graduate Network (GO-GN). As part of my Ph.D. research, I am exploring how International Organisations (IGOs, INGOs) have been influencing the development of governmental OER policies in the period 2002-2019. Main Hobbies/Activities that I like: Reading, Running (trail running mostly), Yoga, Swimming, Hiking, and Traveling (exploring new places and cultures).

3 Likes

Hi! Thank you so much for this information. I will familiarise myself with the Conference Space asap. I live in Bergen, Norway, and I am the pedagogical leader of Norwegian Digital Learning Arena, a County-founded OER-repository for K10-12 in Norway. I started this job one year ago, and before that, I have worked in Norwegian Upper Secondary School as a teacher of Norwegian and English, and as a leader of pedagogical development. In NDLA, I also have the main responsibilty for collaborations with other organisations, and I look forward to getting to know you all. In my spare time, I hang out with my dog, read books, listen to music and watch more or less intelligent TV-series. :smile:

3 Likes

Thank you for the introduction, Margreta, and welcome to the Conference.

1 Like

Hi there! Thanks, Igor for your message and all the important suggestions provided!
I’m Paola Corti, I live in Monza, Italy. At present time I have two main roles, in different positions: since Feb 2021, I am the Open Education Community Manager at SPARC Europe, working mainly to support the European Network of Open Education Librarians (ENOEL). In this webinar, my focus will be to share the activities librarians are doing to raise awareness about OE through practical tools and activities. Since 2009 I am also working as a project manager and instructional designer at METID, the Unit devoted to learning innovation in Politecnico di Milano, the venue of the OE Global 2019 Conference. I am a curious traveller, reader, runner, climber, biker… all exploratory activities make me happy to be alive :slight_smile: Of course, being an Italian I also love to cook :woman_cook:t4:

2 Likes

Ciao @Paola Thank you for the introduction. You and @margreta already have at least one thing in common. You both started new roles, (Margreta for NDLA and you for SPARC Europe) relatively recently :slight_smile: @leohavemann @Javiera @Sarah and Max, please introduce yourselves too. If you are able to, please link to your presentation materials under your session descriptions or directly here. Thank you @margreta for having done so already. I am really looking forward to your session tomorrow.

Hello! Here is our presentation Landscapes, maps and territories of open education policy … where do we go from here? | Zenodo and here is our book https://zenodo.org/record/4281363#.YVW8QC1Q3PA

3 Likes

Hello everyone, @Javiera has shared our slides already, I just wanted to say thanks for a great session yesterday, it was both enjoyable and interesting, and many thanks to @igorlesko for excellent hosting.

1 Like

Thank you Leo and also @Javiera. It was a pleasure.

1 Like

[OEG] Is the ‘rich club’ effect impoverishing our open communities_.pdf (670.2 KB)

Here are our slides - what a great conversation last week! Many more to come. We’ll be in touch. :smiley: Thank you so much for hosting @igorlesko it was excellent.

1 Like

Thank you Sarah and also Max :slight_smile: